Since 2017, one of our long-term commitments has been to be an environmentally sustainable business. From order generation and production to facility management and logistics, we have transformed our business to ensure all processes are as eco-friendly as possible. Notable changes include:
- Fully digitizing the process of taking orders and measurements, resulting in a 93% reduction in overall paper usage since 2018.
- Use of recycling bins throughout the facility.
- Switching to green solutions, such as LED lighting and energy efficient air conditioning. We have also implemented practices that conserve energy, such as switching off all electricity in areas of the facility when not in use.
- Ensuring minimal emissions in transportation, including hybrid vehicles for sales personnel and the use of one bus to pick up and drop off employees everyday.
- Eliminating the use of single-use plastics in the workplace, for example, bottled water, kitchenware, etc.
Human and Social Sustainability
In addition to environmental sustainability, it is of equal importance to us to ensure the wellbeing of our employees and society as a whole. We do our part by providing our team with a safe, equitable working environment that grants them learning and growth opportunities. We believe in treating all employees with dignity, fairness, and respect. These practices not only make our workers happier, but also improve the quality of output our customers receive. Some of our initiatives include:
- Offering incentive plans to reward employees for output, timeliness, and efficiency.
- Providing workmen compensation insurance along with health insurance for all employees.
- Supporting employees with interest-free loans provided directly by the company.
- Diversifying the workplace by opening up more roles for women, including seamstresses.
In addition to our responsibility to our employees, we are also committed to giving back to society. Notably, we donate excess fabric and clothes to charities in the UAE, so that our work can have a positive impact on those in need.